Subject: [Leica] Another R option (now M9)
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 17:08:09 +0200

The solution is sub-branding - for instance, BMW and
MINI are both controlled by the same group (The BMW
Group based in Munich) and address completely different
target groups while maintaining their own charisma and
brand identity. The clever bit is to give a brand a
different name but still let everyone know where it
really comes from.

I gather that Leica attempted this in their liaison
with Minox (another brand with charisma), but it just
came at the wrong time.

Cheers
Douglas