Subject: [Leica] Another R option
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 09:25:28 +0530

I have used the Sony A900 for a day, the viewfinder is definitely
inferior to the Nikon D700, and far inferior to the Leica R6.2 (which
I have) or the Nikon F2/3. I would prefer the Nikon D700 any day to
the Sony A900, mainly for its low light legerdemain - the 24MP bodies
are useful only for the studio it seems to me, based on my experience
with the Sony A900 and the Nikon D3x, at least for my type of
shooting. If low light is of no concern, and you would be willing to
work with an inferior viewfinder, and you would want to use it for
birds, why would you not get a APS C body modified and save some
serious cash?
Cheers
Jayanand