Subject: [Leica] Another R option
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 14:20:30 -0700

Doug, can you somehow quantify the relative quality of the A900 VF?  I would
think that your high praise for the SL VF would say not that good, but what
about compared to the R8?  A Nikon D700?  Or ????

I assume the comparison is for focusing ease... for lack of different
"specs".

( I would love a comparison to a D1x, but would take something more
current....)

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

Using R lenses on any camera other than Leica R means losing the
auto-aperture but the A900's color quality, excellent viewfinder and
full-frame sensor with lots and lots of pixels are very appealing, and
converting the camera's mount instead of the lens means I can still use the
lenses on SL bodies.  And no mirror clearance problems.

Doug Herr

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Another R option)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Another R option)