Subject: [Leica] Apple MacBook
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 09:44:58 +0100

I am a big fan of the Air too, the first model had a tendency to run hot and
slow down if doing anything intensive (or if a web site had Flash window(s)
in it). The second generation is much faster and stays cool, startup time
and battery life are outstanding. The only down sides are the non-backlit
keyboard and non-self brightness regulating screen the deletion of which I
-really- miss compared to the old one.
Also the magsafe power adapter is no longer as safe since the fit is rather
too snug and tripping over the cable no longer pulls the plug unless the
pull is in a very specific direction. Mine ended up on the floor when my
grandchildren were running around, this has never happened with any other
"magsafe" plug before and we have had 5 different portables up to now where
a pulled wire resulted in disconnection without damage.
I have a much older Macbook pro which I almost never use now.
Frank