Subject: [Leica] Photo books, [was HCB?]
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 16:53:18 -0700

Richard Man OFFERED;
Subject: Re: [Leica] Photo books, [was HCB?]

> Hi Uncle Ted:
>
> I spoke from memory last night, I actually have "This is Our Work!" also.
> Not the leather bound version though. I'm pretty sure I got your book from
> the secondary market as when I discovered the joy of photography books and
> when I could budget for them, that book is sold out. This is why when a
> modern classic comes out like Craig's, I bought it immediately - less
> expensive that way :-)<<<<<<<

Hi Richard,
This is so true! Hell I can't even afford the $500 to buy back one of my own
books! If I had known when the leather bound copy was being published that
it would be worth the money it is today?  I might have been able to build a
kind of retirement fund on future sales and bought a bunch of them from the
publisher.

But then this same publisher screwed me out of $40,000 USA dollars of
royalty! :-( :-(  So my advice always to folks getting a book published?
Make sure you are with a most trust worthy publisher and stay right on top
of the workings day and night until you have a copy in one hand and royalty
cheque in the other hand! !

And thank you for picking up a used copy of "This is Our Work." As a coffee
table sized book I feel it truly is one of a kind illustrating how to use
Leica's under available light! Real life in your face! :-)

cheers,
Uncle ted :-)

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] Photo books, [was HCB?])
Message from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Photo books, [was HCB?])