Subject: [Leica] Sabastio Salgado
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 03:48:42 -0700

He really is. I have just about all his books except the earliest ones.
Although I missed the chance to speak to him directly, I did hear him talk
once and he sounds like a nice person.

As for tones, Africa was shot on the Pentax 645, I believe. That's probably
where the tones come from. For Genesis, he switched to Canon 1D something
but with a 645 ratio mask and printed via analog mean. His earlier work used
also a Leica R6.2 and (may be) an M6/M7.