Subject: [Leica] CAUTION About Firefox Update 3.6.17
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 09:21:37 +0100

Interesting.
I use a Mac, and I noticed that it ran the processor hard and the fan came
up to maximum speed sometimes for no apparent reason. After a bit of
checking out this turned out to be always the case when there were multiple
flash windows on the page, such as adverts. I found a utility to suppress
flash unless I specifically selected it in a window. This solved the problem
completely and almost doubled battery life.
It may be worth checking that the periods of high processor load coincide
with high flash bearing pages.
Frank