Subject: [Leica] Brooklyn Botanical Gardens
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 16:40:53 -0700

Rei Shinozuka SHOWED:

> Two of my daughter Kitty at the Brookyn Botanical Gardens this weekend.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/shino/album_001/L1035481.JPG.html
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/shino/album_001/L1035508.JPG.html
>
> Noctilux @ f1.0, M9<<<<<

Hi rei,
Nothing like using a Noctilux wide open! Certainly as you've shown us many
times in the past!

HOWEVER. :-( The first photo? You shot it way too loose and even though the
focus is right on the mark of the main subject, your daughter. There are so
many people in and around they completely become a huge distraction in what
could've been a wonderful photo with the coloured blossoms forming a
beautiful out of focus Noctilux background. If you had taken maybe 4 or 5
steps closer to her and done your best thing as we've seen you do, it
would've been a classic rei shot! :-)

NOW! :-) Too some degree you saved your buns with the second photo! :-) Now
that's what a Noctilux can do in the hands of a skilled photographer who
knows how to make that lens work so effectively! Well done! Good on you!

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)