Subject: [Leica] S2 - not the best apparently
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 08:47:38 -0700

Frank Filippone OFFERED:

> This is way too logical a point of view, and to be truthful, the wrong
> perspective in my opinion.
>
> It is the eye of the bride and her mama that count, and the word
> Hasselblad
> means images that will endure forever, are taken by a REAL professional,
> and
> will be stunning.  History tells them this is true.
>
> To hell with how much weight and awkwardness the photographer goes
> through... it is <MY DAY> and I <WANT> the best.
>
> The fact that you are very likely right is not relevant..... in her eyes.

Hi Frank,
Sorry mate I have to completely disagree with you about a bride wanting the
best camera in the hands of the photographer. On the day of the wedding she
and her mother have more on their minds than what the camera is! Oh they can
fuss some about "what pictures are being taken." But the camera means diddly
squat!"

In my early days in this crazy fun loving world of photography many many
years ago I had to shoot two weddings every Saturday while in the employ of
a big company who might have 10 photographers shooting on any given
Saturday.
We did Catholic weddings in the morning and protestant weddings early
afternoon. Not one bride, groom nor mother ever said anything about the
camera, of any kind size or make.

I've shot weddings with Speed Graphics, Rollieflex, Nikon SLR and Leica
rangefinder and R's! When I started my own business I foolishly bought 3
Hassie's and used them in the same fashion as though they were 35mm cameras.
Each with a different lens to avoid changing lenses allowing me to work
quicker. Again these bride families were very well educated, high in society
and nicely in the higher income bracket. Always the best part! ;-)

"What camera are you using to photograph my big day?" Not one audible peep!
Not one father who mentioned the gear. I fear my friend if anyone is
concerned about the gear and not the "picture taker?" They are making a
major error in their questioning!

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)

Message from vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko) ([Leica] S2 - not the best apparently)