Subject: [Leica] Computer Help
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 09:22:13 +0100

Hi Alastair,
Apart from the obvious benefits of file management I have been fairly
disappointed by my Drobo. It is by miles the slowest USB disc I have and
does not go much quicker on firewire, surprisingly, so it must be an
internal speed limitation. I have the second version BTW.
On top of this Drobo Dashboard is the least Mac compatible software I have
ever used. I removed it from my computer following hangs and general slowing
down. The computer runs fine again since then but I have no way of
accurately knowing how close to maxing out the storage I am any more.
It may well be that newer versions are faster, and if you run a pc maybe the
dashboard works too. I do not consider the Drobo anything special myself,
though I have not had a failed drive on it so can't judge its ability to
recover.
cheers,
Frank