Subject: [Leica] Question for Lluis about Barcelona
From: lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 00:22:06 +0200

Hi Larry,

Tthe fact I shot preferably in B&W is not for me a question if the
city is colorful, is a personnal choice, sometimes the colors are too
much nice and they distract to see the global content of an image, the
"problem" I have with digital is that normally I see in B&W but when I
see the picture it has attractive colors, sometimes is more dificult
for me to discard the colors, but when I keep the B&W image and I've
put in the trash the color one, I feel more happy, throught the time I
normally think that I've take the good decision. Convert to B&W or
edit negatives on B&W takes more time, digital color is quite fast to
do, except for the familly pictures my general preference as you say
is B&W. As Nathan says, my subjects are also maybe more suitables for
B&W, however is a personnal choice, certainly I admire some great
photographers that they made the color a creative element in their
pictures, Hass, Gibson, Webb, McCurry ...., are the first examples
they come to my memmory, on this case, I don't have their genious to
create the colors they do.

cheers
Lluis

El 14/04/2011, a las 5:34, Lawrence Zeitlin escribi?: