Subject: [Leica] CRUISESHIP PHOTO INFO???
From: kenlass at gate.net (Ken Lassiter)
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 17:32:34 -0400

Ted:

What will make a big difference in your experience is if you will be treated
like one of the paying passengers OR as a member of the crew.  If you are
considered part of the crew, you will sleep and eat with the crew and get
very different food.  I have several friends who tried this and they quickly
tired of living with the crew.  They said sometimes they were asked to
perform other duties -- like help check in passengers etc.

One person who has given many cruise ship photography lectures out of Fort
Lauderdale is Arnold Drapkin, formerly TIME picture editor.  I will send you
his email and phone directly.  I am sure he would be happy to speak with
you.

It could also make a big difference depending on which cruise line you will
be sailing on.

I have a neighbor who was hired to teach bridge on cruise ships and found
that he was given little time ashore when in port and lived with the crew.
His wife went along once and she came back saying, "Never again!"

Regards... Ken

Replies: Reply from gwpics at me.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] CRUISESHIP PHOTO INFO???)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] CRUISESHIP PHOTO INFO???)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] CRUISESHIP PHOTO INFO???)