Subject: [Leica] Last day of Kodachrome
From: kenlass at gate.net (Ken Lassiter)
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 17:19:13 -0500

A friend, Bill Barrett, from St Louis took a group of students to Dewayne's
Photo to watch the last rolls of Kodachrome be processed.  Here is his story:

"I was at Dwayne's Photo in Parsons yesterday, the 30th, with my
colleague Susan Hacker Stang and 5 of our great photo students from
Webster University in St.Louis. It was a delight to meet Dwayne
Steinle, founder of the company, and his son Grant, who now runs the
business, two real gentlemen.

But while yesterday was the last day they were taking in Kodachrome
for processing, so many thousands of rolls were delivered in the last
few days that they will still be processing into next week! We look
forward to seeing our film from those last batches when it comes
back. And most fun of all, Dwayne took a photo of our group with his
own camera, the last roll of Kodachrome that will ever be processed."

Let's hope they have enough chemicals!

...Ken Lassiter