Subject: [Leica] older monitors and windows 7
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 21:27:56 -0700

The graphics card needs drivers.  The drivers include ability to output
certain resolutions, which monitors accept or will not based upon their
internal workings.

An example... My Dell outputs only the traditional resolutions in the 4:3
ratios.... 640x480 or 1024x764.. but the newer monitors are of different,
widescreen, resolutions.  Thus I can not run the widescreen monitors on my
Dell, or more accurately, I can not run the widescreen resolutions on my
monitor....I can run the traditional ones.....

There are drivers for specific monitors, which allow stuff like corrections,
etc to be done on the screen.... but this is not what I think you are
asking......

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

Do PC monitors need drivers, or do I just need driver(s) for the graphics
card?  I'm a bit confused because when go into  control panel and select
displays, it says 'plug and play monitor', so presumably uses a generic
driver.