Subject: [Leica] older monitors and windows 7
From: mark at whitedogs.co.uk (Mark Pope)
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 19:08:28 +0000

Hi this might be a dumb question, but here goes...

Do PC monitors need drivers, or do I just need driver(s) for the
graphics card?  I'm a bit confused because when go into  control panel
and select displays, it says 'plug and play monitor', so presumably uses
a generic driver.

The XP machine is getting on, so maybe it's time to plan an
upgrade/replacement, probably to a quad-core machine running 64-bit
Windows 7.  My flat-bed scanner and printers are compatible.  In an
ideal world, I'd go mac, but the mac pro is way out of my league and the
lack of expandability of the IMac is a concern.

I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Mark

--