Subject: [Leica] German language comedians
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 00:56:46 +0100

That as well, some of the Bavarians really need
subtitles on TV - but most are well-known nationwide
(and in Austria, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and
Luxembourg) In fact, Austria has some of the best
satirists and some really weird comedians of the likes
of Alf Pocher - whose stage act makes you think he
should have been put in an asylum.

Stand-up comedy is really big business in Germany these
days, a few comedians even fill football stadiums with
audiences of 50,000 or more.

One of the most famous comedians in the German language
region is Swiss - Emil Steinberger - a master of
sketches and films that hold a mirror up to the Swiss.

The German marketing and advertising industry has
discovered humour too:

Here are a few:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyFAVMxb8IQ

And an absolute classic (although it was made in Norway):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z_3AhZh8Y0

Dutch TVCs aren't bad, either - *warning! filthy
language!!*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOwjO63BcaM

Cheers
Douglas