Subject: [Leica] Seriously OT - Jaguary XF
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 12:34:16 -0700

I think the narrow angle VR6 was largely discontinued a number of
years ago in favour of the current modular engine (a new design)
which now goes from the 1.6liter 4, 5cyl, 6cyl (largely being
displaced by the much better 4cyl turbo), 8 cyl in various VW and
Audis, 10 cyl in Audi and Lamborghini and 12cyl in VW, Audi and
Bentley and 16 cyl in Bugatti. It's probably still a relatively heavy
design, but lighter than the VR series. I don't think any VW block
went into a Jag or Aston. There is also a smaller VW modular design
which is mostly used in 1.2 and 1.4 liter 4cyl engines. The larger
modular design hovers around 500cc per cylinder in its optimal form.