Subject: [Leica] Seriously OT - Jaguary XF
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 17:15:16 +0000

When did that start?

The Jaguar V8 is/was a fairly splendid engine I am surprised if they changed
it. I know Aston started using it.

Also I am not too sure about the VW multi cylinder engines. The modular
engines, which started out as the narrow angle V6 fitted to the Golf R32 and
IIRC the Scirroco is a compact engine and easy to manufacture but very
heavy. A customer wanted to fit a tuned version of the V12 VW engine into a
Lola when I was there and it was about 200kg heavier than any other proposed
engine and a bit wide. There are 6-cyl, 8-cyl, 12-cyl and 16-cyl derivatives
of this engine and all are extremely heavy. Both Lamborghini and Bugatti use
the top end versions of these engines but are the weight of limousines, not
sportscars and both the Bentley and VW Phaeton which use the engine are very
heavy cars.
I can't imagine either Jag or Aston being keen on any of these derivatives.
FD

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Seriously OT - Jaguary XF)
Message from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard) ([Leica] Seriously OT - Jaguary XF)
Message from tomschofield at comcast.net (pamiesue) ([Leica] Seriously OT - Jaguary XF)