Subject: [Leica] IMGs: a select few and opinion
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 07:09:49 +1000

George I follow how these fit in your context.
For me the large group shot better conveys the protesters' views (and more
importantly indicates the amount of support) than the single protester with
placard (1st shot)
That one really just serves to repeat the placard slogan, without much
intensity added by the people as shown (unless the people are local
noteables?).
Second is an excellent detail shot and fully in the mood of the large group
shot too.
I get the third, in your context.
I agree with Bob on the last. The softness detracts greatly. If you start
out with I know this is soft but..., it is a near miss to be culled.
Have you made a conscious decision not to caption each shot? For these you
could add value with careful captioning, I think.

Cheers
Geoff

*Life's not black and white, except at both ends*
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman