Subject: [Leica] cap for collapsible summicron 50/2
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 16:05:02 -0500

Welcome, Juno.  I've never used caps on my Leica lenses.  A lens hood would
be nice.  The glass is not soft, but really, really durable.  Leica
demonstrates how hard the glass is by taking a piece of rough sandpaper and
scrubbing the front of the lens.  It doesn't leave a mark.  If you have a
cap on the lens, it's not ready to use.

Tina