Subject: [Leica] Stolen M9
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 22:23:11 -0800

Paranoia is good.... but you must ask yourself what is there to be gained
from a false report?  Sympathy?

Now, if I HAD an M9, and just bought it on used market, I would be
(differently) paranoid until I checked out he serial number.....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

I hope this plea is legitimate but little red flags went off in my head.

A plea from someone new to the group

The "loss" of very expensive equipment - some people are more relaxed with
their fortunes - If I had an M9 it would never literally be leaving my
hands.