Subject: [Leica] Stolen M9
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 12:59:08 +1030

Insurance is one area where you really need to be detail-oriented.  My
policy is about 40 pages long, quite small print.  My regular contents
insurance is capped at $2K per item unless specified on the policy.
When you specify an item you pay additional insurance specifically for
that item.  You also need to nominate such items as 'portable' so that
they are insured if they are away from your house.  This also costs
more.  I only know from having insured my gear recently.  This is in
Australia.  Insurance laws and standard policies vary from place to
place.

Marty