Subject: [Leica] B&W conversion
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 07:46:48 +1000

Hi Spencer. I am not familiar with Aperture but I would assume that the
plug-ins work similarly to those for Photoshop.
I think that the main strengths are that you can quickly compare effects
from various simulated 'coloured filters' /renderings. The Ps ones at least
can also let you drag on specific tones within the images and see the
effects in real time. For example skin tone rendering (and contrast of
course) varies greatly with green/yellow red filter simulation. That can be
very convenient when you are seeking a particular 'look'.
I would think that you can get some plug-ins as free trials? You can with
the Ps ones anyway.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman