Subject: [Leica] B&W conversion
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 10:00:10 -0500

A simple question about B&W conversion for digital. To keep this in context,
this question arose because I have swapped a M-8 for an R-8 for a few months
with a friend and I find the M-8's white balance is unpredictable in mixed
lighting situations so I am converting more images to B&W.

The S/W I use most of the time is Aperture and it has built-in B&W
conversion. There are a few B&W plugins which does the same thing. Other
than emulating the grain of Tri-X :), are there quantifiable benefits from
paying for these B&W plugins?

Regards,
Spencer

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] B&W conversion)