Subject: [Leica] what's up with Leica and the lack of lenses?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 15:16:58 -0500

I see THAT as the reason the M glass has gotten fast and bloated to a fault.
- expensive. They have to keep the unit price up. As a small factory every
time the cash register goes caCHING it has to be a significant amount. Or it
would not pay for parking. And there would be no point.  The future of the
lower end compact slow glass seems insecure. I say lets again let the good
old Portuguese give a helping hand on the night shift and get at least the
lower end units out so they don't have to in effect artificially jack up the
prices because of choked supply. Its not now the German Mark which is in
effect inflated but German real estate for factory expansion. I suppose on
the long run they will get to this Leica strip mall thing and they'll have a
new building complex in Wetzlar. The Leica Mall. With all his other optical
shops in it.  With parking vouchers involved. I think you'll be able to get
not just frames but contact lenes.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com