Subject: [Leica] Some Cruise Ships
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 19:05:45 -0600

Our ship, the Spirit, is not exactly a floating city.  It is a floating
hotel of moderate size with lots of amenities, including good food shows and
service.  We were there with 1800 other people.  It was our transportation,
and we visited four ports. never unpacked.

I'm 66 years old, celebrating recovering from cancer this past year and
saddled with several other disabilities, so I am happy to have a nice cabin
with hot running water, elevators, and food and drink on demand.

You see, I once owned and single handed sailboats, and I know all about that
life.  It's just that the airfare to do that, and to charter a boat in the
high season in the Yucatan would have been about ten times what we spent; In
my shape, I would need crew,  not to mention the time investment since we
are both employed now.

Kathy and I have also spent the last two years dealing with a family member
whose light is going out, much like the people Steve shows.

Since it was our 30th anniversary, we decided to do something special for
ourselves.  We did.  We enjoyed it.

Maybe more information than you asked for.

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://sonc.com/look/