Subject: [Leica] From A to B or B to A
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 02:12:37 -0500

Dorothy Parker in a review of Kathryn Hepburn in a play said:
"She ran the gamut of emotions from A to B."

This is what a lot of people would think of when it comes to this kind of
rhetoric.
For those newer to English let me explain in case its not clear the point of
the joke which is she should have said "She ran the gamut of emotions from A
to Z."
Saying A to B infers she had a very limited range.

I live in Dorothy Parker's Apartment building. There is a plaque on the wall
as you walk in.  she lived here with her dad when she was young.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com
Cars:   http://tinyurl.com/2f7ptxb