Subject: [Leica] New MacBook Air advice needed
From: jimlists at spectare.com (Jim Laurel)
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 17:37:48 -0800

One other drawback for us audio enthusiasts is that the Airs do not have
optical audio output.  Not too big a problem since most modern DACs accept
USB.  The drag is that one of my favorite little audio units for the
desktop, the Peachtree iDecco, only accepts up to 16bit/48kHz via USB, while
it will accept 24bit/96kHz over optical.  Not a big deal with regular CD
material, but with 24/96 files, the difference in the sound is not subtle.

What's a Peachtree iDecco?  World?s 1st Tube Hybrid Integrated Amp with pure
digital iPod Dock.
http://signalpathint.com/index.php/iDecco/idecco2.html