Subject: [Leica] Color or B&W
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 13:22:12 -0800

Larry Z offered:
Sent: Friday, December 24, 2010 1:25 PM
>>> Luis,
> It depends on the mood you are trying to convey. The B&W image is somber
> and a bit sad. A lonely man walking home in the rain. The color image has
> a bit of magic about it. Still a man walking in the rain but no sadness
> about it.
> In this case I personally prefer the color. Perhaps it is the Christmas
> season.
> Larry Z

Hi Larry,
Interesting how people differ in relation to looking at a photograph. You
see somber, mood, lonely in the B&W. When I see ..."cool shot Luis!" :-)
without breaking it down any further.

Where as in colour my eye goes immediately to the bright red area as nothing
more than a very distracting bright light and would immediately try to
figure out how to crop it out if possible ?

Or kick my own ass for the composition and keeping it in the frame. Be a
damn boring wold if we ll related to every exposure identically all the
time.

Oh and my preference? B&W ! :-) Because I see more detail, the man and
umbrella stand out stronger and as I said, I feel it's a "cool" photo in the
rain. :-)

cheers,
ted