Subject: [Leica] IMG: LUG daughter in BW
From: daniel at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 18:10:48 +0100

I certainly wouldn't worry about a GF1 if I had an M8 or an M9. But my
options for digital are all digital SLR:s and then it is nice to have
a smaller, compact package, like an M8, M9, or, in my case, GF1, that
is easy to take with me all the time, everywhere. To be absolutely
truthful, I can do that with a Nikon, even one of the heavier models,
but ...

I guess it'll be my turn for an M8 or M9 when others tire of them and
move on to better things and I can pick one up second-hand. The new
price for an M9 here in Sweden is a price you think about a while,
before you pay, but it's not totally out of sight. I've paid a sizable
chunk of cash for one of the first Nikons in my time. But I'm not
making money with my photography so there is no business logic to help
me balance the books. It's all about priorities, I guess. At the
moment, and for the last couple of years, mine have been bicycles.
Mind you, I haven't done it, but you can easily put out twice the
amount an M9 costs on a bike. But wouldn't that look silly? A
middle-aged slob on a high-tech machine? A MAMIL (middle-aged men in
Lycra)? But even the cheaper ones are not "cheap".

That's where the GF1 came in. I wanted one that would fit in the back
pocket of a cycling jersey.

I probably haven't posted here, but I have some pics of my various
trips. I work in Oslo a few times a year and the last couple of times
I've done the trip by bike (720 km round-trip).

Rambling, sorry.

Daniel