Subject: [Leica] DMR service update
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 17:48:23 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

I sent my backup DMR to Leica USA for service a couple of weeks ago.  The
problems I was having with it were the internal date/time battery was not
holding a charge, and the DMR power unit insisted on booting up any time the
camera had power, even if I hadn't touched a shutter release or DOF preview
(which are supposed to turn the DMR on).

I received the estimate for repairs today: US$155.  I have enough $$$ left
over to get some battery packs rebuilt :)

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from gpinkcp at msn.com (Gary Pinkerton) ([Leica] DMR battery info)