Subject: [Leica] Making a living as a photographer
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 01:06:49 -0500

It all depends on if we are talking the photographers then you see which
tend to be the photojournalists or the commercial photographers who most
don't see as much. I tend to default at the ones you see. Even though I've
been mainly the later.
And there were rich as well as poor commercial photographers I was a poor
one for the most part with rich friends.
The ones really capitalized somehow or just plain doing well had a top of
the line just out Nikon F5 or Canon equivalent. The ones doing less well
would wait 6 months for the F100 to come out. Costing and weighing half as
much but doing everything the hulking high end version did.
Now its waiting for the D700 to come out in lieu of the D3s/x. Or
Canonspeak.

The bottom line in any case is photographer get the cameras they think they
are expected to need. Its purely a PR decision.
When one decides on Leica then she/he has a PR man who wears purple and
drives a Saab. The marketing people would call them rugged free thinking
individualist... Who loves to go against the grain.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com
Cars:   http://tinyurl.com/2f7ptxb