Subject: [Leica] OT: Apple Mac gets grindingly slow...
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com)
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 21:00:31 -0500

> I have tested my big catalog against a small one. It didn't make any
> difference in the speed a file loaded. in searching however it did make a
> difference.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Michiel Fokkema

I have split my catelog: it has made some difference, but not a lot. Mine
is 20k of images in each now so its big enough even split. When my mac
needs an update, I intend to use the fastest internal hard disks to speed
up access to the images. At the moment all my images are managed via
firewire 800.

Cheers

Alastair

Message from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] OT: Apple Mac gets grindingly slow...)