Subject: [Leica] OT: Apple Mac gets grindingly slow...
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 06:47:16 -0500

I think in 2.5 it is under Edit > Catalog Preferences.  Then when you go to
Preferences it is in the middle of the page - optimize catalog.  If you
haven't optimized it, that is definitely the problem with  your slowness.
 Optimizing makes a huge difference and you should do it at least once a
week.  You really should upgrade to 3.0, though.  It has lots of great
features.

Tina