Subject: [Leica] OT: Apple Mac gets grindingly slow...
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 02:51:58 -0800

LR2.x: Edit->Catalog Setting->Relaunch and Optimize

Sorry I didn't catch the whole thread. Buying 2 matched pairs will probably
give you better performance but I don't think it will show much of a
difference. You will waste 1 GB.

The 460GB external drive is probably your bottleneck. If you are not using
ESATA and if you can use ESATA, switching that will probably make the most
difference. Get the fastest drive with the biggest cache you can find.