Subject: [Leica] IMG: Reason enough to be a proud dad
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 09:39:17 +0100

Thank you Alastair,

indeed a sentiment that we can all endorse.

My father wrote me a wonderful letter (which I still
treasure) in the same vein  when I decided to move to
Germany in the early seventies.

How my immediate world has changed is quite amazing
when I look back on the last 35 years or so: the fall
of the wall, reunification, the collapse of the Soviet
Union and the Warsaw Pact, the Schengen agreement, the
euro - and now our son is loving life at a base that
used to be a part of the East German Navy close to the
Polish border.

Cheers
Douglas