Subject: [Leica] Canon Non-linear Metering part 2
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 17:58:36 -0600

For the moment I'll have to decline Aram;
both for lack of time and, frankly, also lack of interest.

If and when I'm feeling less pressure
from the need to get work out the door,
and/or more curiosity about the questionable wedding
of R glass to Canon camera bodies,
next week - perhaps - though probability low.

Please understand that before acquiring the DMR
I desperately wanted this marriage of L R and C to work for me.
I invested the days and dollars in:
1) new ground glasses
2) flange adapters
3) meter testing
4) focus testing, etc.
It never "worked" ? for me.
It was an expensive, unpleasant
and ultimately failed experiment.

Yes one can do all kinds of
"work-arounds" and "put up withs."
But life is far too short.

Once I decided to acquire
the proper digital component for my R SYSTEM
my L - R life returned to normal with
1) superb results (as expected from the system)
2) exceptional viewfinder and ease of accurate focus
3) ergonomics
4) auto diaphragm
5) impeccable metering
5) electronic, mechanical and optical quality.

Now if someone comes up with flange adapters
which preserve linkages for auto diaphragm, proper metering, etc.
and
a body arrives with seriously bright viewfinder
I may revisit these proposed marriages of R glass and ????.

Otherwise these decisions remain SYSTEM decisions FOR ME.

YMMV

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com