Subject: [Leica] Canon Non-linear Metering part 2
From: leicar at q.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 15:16:03 -0800

It has been suggested that using the camera in another mode will solve this
problem, so I tried.  Here are the results.

Manual metering, evaluative mode.  I changed the f-stops from f2 - f11 and
changed the shutter speed to zero the meter in.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/manual+metering+evaluative.jpg.html

Manual metering, spot mode.  Same technique.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/manual+metering+spot.jpg.html

As you can see, the results are the same as if you use aperture priority.
The meter still over exposed beyond f-4.

Previous sample:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/meter+comparison.jpg.html

Different target with different lighting, but same results.

George.  Could you try this on a full frame Canon?  I would be interested to
see the results.

Nikon was mentioned, but I as far as I know, the Nikon will meter correctly.
I have yet to test that with my recently converted lens.  I am hoping that
is the case because I am planning on changing over to Nikon just to correct
this very situation.

Aram

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Canon Non-linear Metering part 2)