Subject: [Leica] The reason I missed... the correct linkx
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 09:57:35 +1030

I was going to add this to my comments; one huge problem with
controlled game parks is that you get thrown out if they find you've
left the vehicle.  Too scared of bad PR and, increasingly, liability
(although most African countries are blissfully low on litigation).
These are dangerous animals.  I was less than a body length (hers or
mine!) from the cheetah when I took that shot.  There is no way I
would do that with a leopard.

I had to swap from the 75 to a 35 and move back to get this one - the
elephant more than filled the frame at 75 mm and that close up, it
looked like a leaning tower of elephant at 35 mm.

Marty

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 11:57 PM, Marc Dufour <foto at marcdufour.net> wrote:
> Marty,
> In Tanzanian park it's authorized to get off the car ;-(
> Beautiful cheetah, and beautiful picture.
> Marc

>>> Sorry,