Subject: [Leica] IMG: 50 vs 90 vs 75 field of view at minimum distance
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 09:14:56 +1030

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 8:21 AM, Geoff Hopkinson <hopsternew at gmail.com>
wrote:
> The colour means nothing in a comparison of these (or other) web shots.
> Actually all of these lenses are intrinsically very neutral.

I've checked the transmission spectra of Leica lenses with a reversion
spectrometer.  They are consistently slightly warm i.e. they transmit
the red end of the spectrum slightly better than the blue end.  Older
lenses (f1 Nocti, 35 Summicron v IV) are warmer than newer ASPH
lenses.  The amazing thing about them is how consistent they are; the
transmission spectrum is very, very consistent all the way through the
range.

Marty

Message from tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray) ([Leica] IMG: 50 vs 90 vs 75 field of view at minimum distance)
Message from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] IMG: 50 vs 90 vs 75 field of view at minimum distance)