Subject: [Leica] IMG: 50 vs 90 vs 75 field of view at minimum distance
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 10:05:08 +1000

I posted recently on the advantages of the APO Summicron M 75 ASPH at
mimimum focus distance (.7m) compared to the APO Summicron M 90 ASPH (1.m)
and the 50 was mentioned as too close to the 75 in the same discussion.
Currently a bit house bound so I set up a controlled experiment in my
garden. Subject focus distances within approx +- 5mm (using a macro rail
type setup).  All at f/4. These are uncropped (downsized for web of course)
and identically processed. Not wonderful composition I know. Framed to place
a detail to focus on within the rangefinder patch corner. You can just use
'next' arrow from first frame if desired.

Here's the 50
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hoppyman/2/50.jpg.html
My 90 (set to 1m to simulate the APO 90's minimum)
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hoppyman/2/90.jpg.html
The 75
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hoppyman/2/75.jpg.html

Cheers