Subject: [Leica] CODING???? is it really a necessary evil?
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 14:11:12 -0500

Ted -

If your lenses are coded and you ever wanted to give a lecture on the
fabulous 21 and its uses, you could use LR to immediately choose all of the
photos you ever made with the 21.

Some of the wides have special software adjustments for color balance,
vignetting and so forth, if they can be identified by the coding.

That's about it!

Tina