Subject: [Leica] The T Stops here
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 16:01:30 -0400

Moore's law says computer stuff and we include digital cameras will get
twice as good every year and a half and cost half as much.
I don't think doubling the Mp's makes a camera twice as good.
I've just about said the opposite. If I did think I needed 21 instead of 12
mps shooing a Canon 5d Mark II  (same price as my D700 but with almost twice
the Mp's) instead of Mark R shooting with a Nikon D700.
But some people want the S and some want the X.
Some people want the high rez and don't care about high ISO's (the X) and
other people want the opposite. The S.

I'm pulling for the Leica M and S to be available with two Rez options like
the Nikons and Canons. A high rez version for big bucks but low ISO's.
And a lower rez version for street shooters who need to shoot fast indoors
and at night.
And I think there should be one in the middle. The "normal" body.
That's three cameras making for more horizontal shelf space.

Which is why there are 5 kinds of bite sized shredded wheat.
I like the vanilla.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com