Subject: [Leica] The T Stops here
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 15:36:13 -0400

Jim you do great work with the Oly of those flowers and bee's so please
don't care what I think. What I do think is dyeing is easy and macro is hard
and a decrease in format size is a huge help in a touch field. And that's
I've said on the LUG a couple of times. I do think format size and MP's are
not the same thing the camera are all sold in terms of Mps and you have to
believe to the NSA to find out how big the sensors are in terms of format.
The D40 and D40x is a small camera with a large format in terms of there are
plenty of 4/3's camera which are bigger. And the D40's are 1.5 crop.
I feel that small format is worth it when the camera body itself is also
small. Its the ratio between format and camera body that I think needs to be
in gear.  I feel a 4/3's camera you should be able to put in your pocket.
For that matter a 1.5 crop as well. I think they will start working more on
compactness when they sell more cameras. That has always been the pattern.
Start bloated. Then de size.

Ok I see now you're talking about a smaller as in 5mp for a 4/3's sensor so
we agree even more. Ignore the first part of this email.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com
Cars:   http://tinyurl.com/2f7ptxb