Subject: [Leica] AZO Paper.....
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 23:39:23 +1030

Azo was discontinued in 2005.
http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/support/techPubs/g10/g10.pdf

Fomalux is definitely nothing like the Lodima paper not is Fomalux
new.  It was always offered in Eastern Europe but just wasn't shipped
to the rest of the world.  Until the mid 1990s it could be bought on a
single weight fibre base, as could the Foma document paper, but they
were both transferred to a light weight resin coat base and then the
document paper was discontinued.  Fomalux is an RC paper and is not a
pure chloride paper and Michael was very definite that he would only
be happy with a pure chloride paper on a fibre base.

I still have a few dozen boxes of Azo in grades 2, 3 and 4 and it's
lovely, but I am always suspicious of peddlars of magical formulas.
Chloro-bromide papers in appropriate developers look different but
just as nice to me.  I prefer glossy FB surfaces to matte inkjet
papers, but good inkjet prints look great (but different) too.  And
for contact printing nothing comes close to good Pt/Pd printing on an
appropriate abase and surface - but too much modern Pt/Pd printing is
done on papers that don't show the medium to its best advantage.

Marty