Subject: [Leica] Well I went and did it
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 00:30:34 -0400

2010-10-19-19:51:22 Mark Rabiner:
> Have I got this right using an M9 you're just going to blend it but using a
> Canon or Nikon you're going to stand out?

That makes sense to me.  With an M9 in hand, you get the 1% or so who
say, "Gee whillikers, is that a Leica M9?" and the 99% who see a small
insignificant kind of old-fashioned looking camera and pretty quickly
forget you're there.

If I happen to have my Canon EOS (which Kathryn derisively calls the
"sneaker camera", because she thinks it looks like big rounded bulky
rubberized basketball shoes), there's no sneaking.  It looks like a
fancy "real" camera to people who semi-know cameras.  They're aware of
it and aware of me.  Unless I'm at some event where there are other
photographers with sneaker cameras.  Then a sneaker camera is mostly
invisible in the crowd.

Oh, for the Brits: trainer camera?

That's funny in a different way.

 -Jeff