Subject: [Leica] S2 Awesomeness
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 16:27:38 -0400

I do have this magnifying hood thing which fits over my head for spotting
prints in the old days and I put a mini flashlight in my mouth and take long
hard looks at my sensor; which lets not forget has a glass cover and give it
blasts of air with a bulb till I don't see no culprits on my cover glass
usually after I've noticed one on a pic on my laptop screen at 1:1.
I find the culprit and take it out of there.

I blow with my lips the backs of my lenses off before I put one in the
camera. Being carful not to spit on it too much. And I keep the area around
the mount clean. The lens. The camera.

No goobers on my pix.

--------------------
Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com

> From: Aram Langhans <leicar at q.com>
> Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 08:58:51 -0700
> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] S2 Awesomeness
>
> Mark.  Isn't that a drastic way to wash the dust out of your camera?
>
> One more thing about dust on sensors, and when you see it....
>
> If you shoot wide open, or close to it, as I gather many M shooters do, the
> dust will not show up much.  I notice when I stop down to f-11 or smaller,
> the dust really shows up as a large blob, but when shooting at large
> apertures, I cannot see the dust at all.  So, maybe that is a factor as to
> why some have dust problems and some do not.
>
> Aram
>
>> From: Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com>
>> Subject: Re: [Leica] S2 Awesomeness
>> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
>>
>> I changed lenes in a waterfall once.
>>
>> --------------------
>> Mark William Rabiner
>> Photography
>> mark at rabinergroup.com
>>

>>> From: Jayanand Govindaraj <jayanand at gmail.com>
>>> Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 12:25:16 +0530
>>> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
>>> Subject: Re: [Leica] S2 Awesomeness
>>>
>>> Maybe you never change lenses! At least in our dusty hot and humid
>>> environment, if you change lenses at all. dust on the sensor is
>>> inevitable.
>>> Cheers