Subject: [Leica] SD card malfunction
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 22:54:46 -0500

I'm not sure why you need to format an SD after just 60 images.  It will
hold far more than that.  In fact, since 4 gig HD cards have gone so
inexpensive, I'm just filling them nearly up, backing them up, and putting
them on the shelf as a backup.

My experience with recycling digital media is not good after several
formatings.

SD cards are far cheaper to save than negatives, and they are nearly
bulletproof from physical damage, but electrical damage can be accomplished
pretty easily.

Let the write finish before you turn off the camera. Don't format it many
times.  Don't run it through the washing machine too many times.

If it separates into two parts, use only high quality scotch tape to put it
back together.  (Really)