Subject: [Leica] WAS: LUG 2010 YEAR BOOK! PETER! :-) NOW DOCTOR. :-)
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 19:17:44 -0500

  Great.  For our last child, my wife wanted to do the "Lamaze natural
childbirth" thing.  I went to classes with her, and as nearly as I could
tell my role was to be in the delivery room to offer support with
breathing etc.  Anyway, our last was three weeks premature.  On a rush
trip to the ER, spouse wanted "the ******* shot".  Too late, they said,
it is happening now.  So I was in the delivery room in a gown and mask,
offering support.  This now involved holding spouse's hand, which kept
pressing fingernails into my palm, causing a substantial blood loss (no
single-malt in the delivery room).  Every once in a while an assistant
would pass me a towel to wipe up the blood and give me an easily
translatable look.  Such fun, but the kid turned out OK so no regrets.

Ken

Replies: Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] WAS: LUG 2010 YEAR BOOK! PETER! :-) NOW DOCTOR. :-))
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] BIRTHING! :-) WITH LEICA'S !)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] WAS: LUG 2010 YEAR BOOK! PETER! :-) NOW DOCTOR. :-))