Subject: [Leica] Format output obviousness
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 03:28:58 -0400

Every portfolio I've ever had or stack of prints; and every stack of prints
other photographers have shown me I've always known which ones of my prints
were 35mm, Medium format, or sheet film and I didn't have to bother telling
them and they didn't have to bother telling me; as we all knew at first
glance.
I can normally easily tell the difference between a full frame digital image
even at low output and cropped format digital output and I think many people
can with any experience. And certainly the difference between that and point
and shoots with sensors the size of my pinky nail. And the 2x crop in
between. And medium format digital blows me right out of the water at least
my eyeballs.
If you can't tell the difference between your large and smaller format
digital output the time to hang it up is now.
Take up audio.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com